Teresa Kay-Aba Kennedy’s work has been recognized and honored. Recent achievements include:
- In 2014, she received recognition from Women in Business for her outstanding achievements and “sweet success” – redefining the traditional success concept.
- In 2009, she received the National Power Award presented by the American Heart Association / American Stroke Association for leadership in providing stroke prevention awareness.
- In 2009, she was selected to become a Member of the Forum of Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum. The honor recognizes outstanding leaders age 40 and under from around the world for their professional accomplishments, commitment to society and potential to contribute to shaping the future of the world. Read the press release and learn more about the YGL community.
- In 2009, she was selected as a CUP Fellow. The Council of Urban Professionals (CUP) selects and trains talented minority and women professionals who have demonstrated leadership potential and who want to become political or civic leaders for their communities.
- In 2008, she received the Women of Brilliant Achievement Award, recognizing women nationally who have achieved success in their chosen field while at the same time making a positive difference in their communities, especially with empowering women. It was presented by Charles & Colvard. Read the press release. Go to the feature on the Brilliance of Me website.
- In 2008, she received the Cheerios Sisters Saving Hearts Award for her commitment to fighting heart disease. It was presented by General Mills and the Congressional Black Caucus. She donated the $5,000 grant to the American Heart Association Cultural Health Initiatives in New York City.
- In 2008, she received the Women Who Dare To Be Different Award, presented by Congressman Edolphus Towns and The Women’s Caucus, for her work in empowerment and health literacy. Her accomplishments were added to the Congressional Record. Capitolwords.org has the full text.
- In 2006, she was selected as participant in the Emerging Entrepreneurs Program: An Inc. magazine – William J. Clinton Foundation Partnership.
- In 2004, she received The Network Journal’s 40-Under-Forty Achievement Award.
- In 2004, she was selected by the Kripalu Yoga Teachers Association, in conjunction with the Tides Foundation, to receive a Teaching for Diversity Program Award for her contribution to health awareness and teaching of yoga in Harlem.
- In 2002, she was selected as an Emerging Entrepreneur by the Social Venture Network. She was selected for innovation in addressing social issues.
In her work in media, she also was a Walter Kaitz Foundation Fellow and a Stetcher Scholar. When she graduated from Wellesley College, she was named one of the “10 Ten College Women in America” by Glamour magazine.
Support Terri’s latest book, Dancing Light: The Spiritual Side of Being Through the Eyes of a Modern Yoga Master. Millions across the globe have been inspired by 96-year-old Tao Porchon-Lynch - World War II French Resistance fighter, model, actress, film producer, wine connoisseur, competitive ballroom dancer, and yoga master. Named “Oldest Yoga Teacher” by Guinness World Records in 2012, Tao exemplifies her mantra: There Is Nothing You Cannot Do. Dancing Light is an inspirational memoir that shows us what is possible – that we each can live to our Highest Potential and dance to our own rhythm. Learn more about Tao at www.TheTaoExperience.
Teresa Kay-Aba Kennedy understands what makes a successful gathering for business events and retreats alike. Be sure to check out her client/past event list and demo video. Read what others are saying in our letters of reference and testimonials, and check out the media buzz and highlighted news & events. For all you need to get started, go to our Speaking Kit and FAQs. For additional questions, call 212-901-6913 or email email@example.com.
For more… find out about our coaching programs, check out our products at www.PowerLivingMedia.com, be inspired by www.IAmPowerLiving.com, watch Power Living TV and visit our corporate Power Living site for additional services.